Expect the unexpected, follow the lovers lost in this blog.

A blog to cater your mind,body,and soul as you drink Turkish Coffee. We are proud to present our new storyline called Cafe's search for his "Zahir". Everyday is a new day for the "Cafe" (from Istanbul) & his journey for "Zahir" (from Baku). Don't expect extraordinary drama from the narrator, me. Still, this is a drama (maybe real!), and have better impact on you than watching a soap opera. Guaranteed. There is genuine feelings within inspirational periods. Cross your fingers for this story to end with happy marriage :-) All rights are reserved.

EDIT (01 July 2009) - She is engaged with another man, and I finally made my marriage proposal bringing my family to Baku. The result: She stays engaged and will have her wedding, so called "toy", with that another man.

Rest in peace Ms. Zahir.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Local Stories about Turkish Coffee - Ukraine

I really enjoy reading Turkish Coffee news from around the world. Today's guest is Ukraine. Thanks to Google News widget, otherwise I would not be aware of this article published in Kyiv Post. Once again, I will be sharing some interesting parts of the article.

"Moreover, the desired drink at most cafes in Kyiv is usually prepared Italian-style – if you want a small cup of it, you will have to get an espresso. If you inquire about a cup of Turkish coffee, I guarantee that the waiter will give you a very surprised look."
What can I say? I laughed a lot. Why do they give a surprised look? When will Turkish Coffee defeat espresso's legacy?

No comments: