Expect the unexpected, follow the lovers lost in this blog.

A blog to cater your mind,body,and soul as you drink Turkish Coffee. We are proud to present our new storyline called Cafe's search for his "Zahir". Everyday is a new day for the "Cafe" (from Istanbul) & his journey for "Zahir" (from Baku). Don't expect extraordinary drama from the narrator, me. Still, this is a drama (maybe real!), and have better impact on you than watching a soap opera. Guaranteed. There is genuine feelings within inspirational periods. Cross your fingers for this story to end with happy marriage :-) All rights are reserved.

EDIT (01 July 2009) - She is engaged with another man, and I finally made my marriage proposal bringing my family to Baku. The result: She stays engaged and will have her wedding, so called "toy", with that another man.

Rest in peace Ms. Zahir.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

What Happens If Cafe Is In Love?

Some days there may be more than one post on this blog. Some days might bring no success. And one day, it is idle due to one main reason. The love story begins. Let's try to translate one love poem from Turkish.
It is from Adnan Yucel, and you can find his Turkish poem book online.
By the way, here is a source for saying "I love you" in different languages.

I am Speechless For You

Whichever poem I begin, I am speechless
Silent as a rock on the chest of the mountain
A torrid grain of sand
Becoming my cracked lip every night
Speechless for the rain, speechless for living
If I can cry out
Maybe a river can froth by my voice
Traces of the dryness could be erased
Very long deserts could become valleys within me
Whichever beauty I long for, I am speechless
For you
Like a deep sight saying "offf" in the gap of the heart
Speechless
Missing you deep blue
Running to you lily white
And grieve deeply all of a sudden pitch black
Repenting (like asking why)

Regretting (like saying "offf")
And becoming silent
What if I can cry out
My breath could be a fountain, web of light
Whichever folk song I approach, I am speechless for you
Mourning mourning, longing longing speechless
Say I am shot
Being a drop from affair and blood
One wind of your hair
Second around the brink of your lips, I settle
Which wave could erase you from me
Which hurricane could detach you
I became a song on your strings of hair
Whenever each emotion rears up

I am speechless for you like a quake after quake
And being silent to you, believe me
I am tried
Let that light gale end in your eyes
Enough of your pressuring laws in your words
Whichever argument I long for, I am speechless for you
Speechless as much as the mourning in the morning of the triumph
To those beauties
To those silences, damn it
Take these silences, take it now
Take that
All noises grieve deeply

Adnan YĆ¼cel (translated by cafealaturca)

No comments: